Our film "Seeds of Change" makes an explicit link between biotechnology and the ongoing rural crisis and loss of rural livelihoods occurring across western Canada, indeed the world.
If you are concerned about rural decline and want to take action to support the rights of farmers and rural communities, please explore the following:
- contact a farm organization in your area and see how you can make a difference or
- participate in and support the following action campaigns:
- NFU: Seed Saver Campaign, which has been establish to battle for the rights of growers to save, reuse, exchange, and sell seeds.
- SOD: Organic Agriculture Protection Fund, which is helping support Saskatchewan's certified organic farmers and their class action lawsuit against Monsanto and Bayer Crop Science.
- Ban Terminator Seeds Campaign, which is pressuring governments to nationally ban Terminator and to maintain the international (United Nations) moratorium on Terminator